Since time immemorial, women have been using rose water for various beauty purposes, both skin and hair care. It is a rich source of rejuvenating properties that can do wonders on your tresses (hair).From repairing damaged hair to adding volume and shine to your tresses, rose water can do it all. Moreover, there are numerous ways to use rose water for hair care.
You can easily include it in your daily or weekly hair care regimen to make your dreams of long and strong hair come true. And, most importantly, it is all-natural, unlike the expensive commercial hair care products that are infused with harmful chemicals that do more damage than good.
Today at Glamy, I have brought a list of wonderful ways to use rose water for hair care. Try these natural ways to make your hair beautiful & strong. Take a peek at these ways here.
Make sure to do a scalp test before applying any natural ingredient to your hair, to ensure that the ingredients suit your hair type.
- Merge rose water and aloe vera gel together to combat dry and frizzy hair. Slather this mix all over your scalp and towards the ends. Then, cover your head with a shower cap for about an hour. Try applying this mix once a week for long-term results.
- Prepare a mix of rose water and honey for conditioning your hair from inside out. The quantities of both the ingredients will depend on the length of your hair. Keep the mix on for 40 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- Extract 2-3 vitamin E capsules and mix it with 4-5 drops of rose water. Then, gently massage this mix onto your scalp. It keeps the scalp hydrated and prevents itchiness of the scalp or dandruff. Try applying it once a week for a proper hair care routine.
- The combination of rose water and green tea is used as a rinse. After washing your hair with a mild shampoo, rinse your hair with this homemade rinse to promote hair growth and strengthen hair follicles.
- Take 1 tablespoon of salt and mix it with 4-5 drops of rose water. Then, apply this mix to your scalp to add volume to your otherwise thin hair. Try applying this homemade mix twice a week if you are experiencing hair thinning.
- Take 1 tablespoon of glycerin and mix it with 4-5 drops of rose water. Then, use this mix to rinse your hair with it. This mix can make your hair turn soft and add shine to it.
- The simplest way to use rose water for hair care is by soaking a cotton pad in it and applying it all over your scalp. It acts as a natural moisturiser and keeps your hair nourished from well under the surface.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of Fuller’s earth with 5 drops of rose water and gently apply it to your scalp. It improves blood circulation in your scalp and prevents hair breakage.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of castor oil with 4 drops of rose water and slather it onto your scalp. Leave it on for at least an hour for the ingredients to work their magic. Try repeating this once a week for long and strong hair.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of onion juice with 5 drops of rose water and apply it to your hair to combat the problem of grey hair. After an hour, rinse it off with a mild shampoo. Try doing this once a week for treating this common hair problem.