Do you really need old paperwork, junk and all that mess on your desk? Studies show that regular cleaning of your work space can reduce the spread of germs in office. Many people get their most important work done at a desk. However, if your desk is messy or disorganized, it can be difficult to focus or to keep track of your important projects. Once you do a big cleaning of your desk, you should be able to keep it clean fairly easily. However, first you need to go through everything on your desk and find a new way to organize all of it.
Here are 6 easy tips to maintain an organized desk system-
- Start by removing everything; absolutely EVERYTHING from your desk in order of importance.
- Make two sections, one to be kept and the other to be shredded/ discarded. Arrange papers/files by their usage. For example: Active projects come first and the rest follow. This will help you find your documents easily.
- Separate things you want to take home from those that will stay in office. If you have pots and planters on your desk, make sure they rest on a dish or a proper holder so that the water and mud does not spill over.
- Clean your gadgets and electronics once in a week. Make use of electronic wipes or microfiber screen cleaners. Heavily used electronics like keyboard, mouse and phone when left uncleaned lead to the spread of germs.
- Use microfiber cloth or dusters to clean off all the dirt and grime accumulated on your desk over the years.
- And lastly assign a place for each of your belongings and put them back in their designated places. Henceforth remember to put them back in their place as soon as you finish using them.
- Regular organization will make it easier for you to stay focused on your work and keep your workplace looking clean and happy.