Summers are here and I believe all the skirt loving girls must be slogging to get rid of dark knees. Cursing themselves for not taking proper care during winters. No doubt dark knees are unattractive to look at and it becomes more so for fair skinned people.
Our knees are probably the most neglected body part when it comes to skin care. We lather our skin with moisturisers, hand creams, cuticle butters, foot creams and what not. But how much time we spend on our poor knees? As far as I am concerned I rub moov longer than I rub a moisturiser on my knees.
Well, to avoid more mental torture on myself let me just go ahead and write down the causes and remedies for dark knees.
Causes Of Dark Spots On Knees:
• Sun exposure
• Poor skin care
• Some medical conditions, like hormonal changes during pregnancy etc.
Tips to get rid of dark spots:
• Cut a lemon into half and rub it on your knees. Leave it for half an hour and then scrub them with a towel soaked in hot water. One of the most effective method to get rid of dark knees.
• Apply besan mixed with lemon juice on your knees. Leave it for few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Mix one tsp of lemon juice, one tsp glycerine and 4 tsp milk. Massage this mixture on knees and leave it for 15 minutes before washing it off.
• Mustard oil is also very effective in getting rid of dark knees. Apply oil on knees and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water.
• Rub aloe vera pulp on your knees daily for few minutes.
• Apply coconut oil mixed with lemon juice on your knees. Leave it for some time before washing it off.
• Apply olive oil on your knees before going to bed. It is a good alternative to body creams.
• Scrubbing is essential to slough off dead skin. Mix brown sugar with olive oil and store it. Whenever you want to scrub your knees use it. Scrubs should be used only once or twice a week.
• Moisturise your knees daily to keep them smooth.
• Always use sunscreen before going out in the sun.
If you don’t want to get into the pain of making a scrub at home, or the smell of homemade scrubs bother you, then you can try The Body Shop scrubs. They come in wide variety and are very affordable too.
Strawberry Body Butter and Raspberry Body Scrub
Strawberry Body Polish
Passion Fruit Body Scrub
Hope You Enjoy It 😉
Thank You 🙂