Greek Yogurt is yogurt which does not have liquid whey and lactose. It has double the protein content half the carbohydrate and sodium count as compared to normal yougurt. Greek yogurt has been gaining loads of popularity in the recent times owing to the various health benefits which it imparts.
The Wonderful Benefits of Greek Style Yogurt
- Normal low fat yogurt contains approx 5-10 gms of protein whereas Greek Yogurt contains abouts 13-20 gms which makes it a wonderful source of protein.
- The sodium content is 50% lower than the normal yogurt which makes it apt for people suffering from hypertension.
- If you are a diabetic or are looking to lower the carbohydrate content of your food, then there is nothing better than Greek yogurt. Normal yogurt contains around 15-17 gms of carbohydrate whereas Greek yogurt contains approximately 8-9 gms of fat.
- It is a great option for people who are lactose tolerant, as the lactose content is considerably lower as compared to normal yogurt and would surely not upset ones tummy.
- You can make endless recipes with Greek yogurt be in sweet or savory. You can just have it plain, add it to a bowl of fruits, top it up with some cinnamon and nuts, add it to your smoothies or dip some salad sticks in it.
- Greek yogurt is loaded with probiotics. Probiotics are bacteria which enhance the digestive process and strengthen the immune system.
- A great post-workout snack, as it can be a satisfying treat after a tough workout. It shall help you in repairing the damage done by exercising.
- It also helps in maintaining your weight as it has a good amounts of iodine and iodine is necessary to keep your metabolism going.
And not to forget it is a great source of calcium which keeps your bones and teeth healthy and Vitamin B-12 which are required for the formation of red blood cells and brain functions. So what are you waiting for? Add Greek yogurt to your diet and reap umpteen number of benefits.