Born on February 25, 1981 Shahid Kapoor is now a famous name in Bollywood who inherited the talent from his father, a great actor indeed, Pankaj Kapoor. The chocolate boy has emerged as a new star in the industry and has many movies in the bucket. His career started with Shaimak Davar dance group followed by series of music videos and advertisements. He also has various awards in his kitty, namely, Filmfare Awards for Best Male Debut. The actor is also famous among the youth for his great physique and body shape.
Shahid Kapoor, nicknamed Sasha and Dodo, is one of the most multidimensional actors in Indian cinema. The 35 year old actor has mesmerized his fans with his performance in some super hits such as “Jab We Met”, Badmaash Company”, “Kaminey”,”Haider” and “R…Rajkumar.” Shahid has always worked hard to maintain his athletic physique. The dashing actor with his perfectly chiseled body and six pack abs has been a source of inspiration for the fitness-conscious men.
Shahid Kapoor Workout Routine:
His weekly workout is divided into 2 parts: one part is for Monday, Wednesday & Friday and another part is for Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. He takes rest on Sunday. Shahid Kapoor’s workout routine is planned on alternate day basis.
Day 1,3 & 5
Set 1: 5 sets of 10 flat bench press of 2 reps
5 sets of 10 chin ups of 2 reps
5 sets of dead lifts of 2 reps
5 sets of lateral raise of 2 reps
Set 2: 5 sets of incline dummbell press of 2-3 reps
5 sets of bent over barbell row of 2-3 reps
5 sets of overhead press of 2-3 reps
Set 3: 5 sets of 20 seated row of 2-3 reps
5 sets of 20 machine fly of 2-3 reps
5 sets of high pull of 2-3 reps
5 sets of 20 rear delt fly of 2-3 reps
Day 2,4, & 6
Set 1: 4 sets of 15 leg extensions of 2 reps
4 sets of 15 squats of 2 reps
4 sets of 15 leg curls of 2 reps
4 sets of seated calf raise of 2 reps
His workout routine also includes following things:
- Running on treadmill for at least 15 minutes in a day regularly.
- He works out on one body part on one day and thus focusing on intricate physique build up.
- Shahid Kapoor’s workout routine also includes yoga, swimming and running.
- An effort is made in order to create a fine balance between weight training and cardiovascular exercise so that the result is a well build body.
- Apart from workout in the gym, Shahid exercises at home as well as and when he gets time.
Shahid Kapoor’s Workout Tips
- For Bodybuilding, Sleep is very necessary. It is said that muscles grow while the person is sleeping. A 7-8 hour’s sleep a night is just the right amount of sleep required by the body.
- The food intake must be wisely chosen and combined with the workout routine.
Shahid Kapoor Diet Plan
Shahid is a strict vegetarian and he loves having plenty of beans, spinach, fruits and vegetables that provide him sufficient energy to sustain his workouts. He consumes 5-6 small meals a day and makes it a point to avoid having foods rich in fats and carbs. Moreover, he gives special importance to the timing of meals and thus vitalizes his body with pre- and post-workout snacks.
To enhance his muscles, Shahid relies on protein supplements including creatine and whey protein. The stylish and flamboyant actor loves taking protein pancakes with stevia and maple syrup, a patty made with cheese and kidney beans,coleslaw, soy chilli beans, baby beetroot, a chocolate mush made with casein protein and kiwi.