Farhan Akhtar was born on January 9,1974 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Director turned actor: Farhan Akhtar is a profound personality in Bollywood. He’s been a producer, script writer, TV host and lyricist as well. Akhtar is the son of well acknowledged lyricist Javed Akhtar.
In his Blockbuster movie “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” he has shown his fantastic acting skills along with his well ripped muscles.For the movie demand, he had to tone up his body well. This was done through intense body workout. He had to undergo an intense workout routine for almost two years for about 5 hours to come up with body of a runner. So, here we are with Farhan Akhtar’s workout routine embraces following exercises-
- Altitude Running- Running on mountain trails including steep uphill’s long runs and quick running.
- Cycling- Weekly sessions of cycling preferably on mountain hills.
- The Lydrid hilltraining workout- Running with high knee lifts and vigorous arm movement. 2 sets of jump squats of 12-15 reps, 2 sets of cross lunges of 12-15 reps, 2 sets of reverse lunge with barbell of 12-15 reps, 2 sets of Hamstring Leg Extensions of 12-15 reps, 2 sets of leg curls of 12-15 reps, 2 sets of donkey calf raises of 12-15 reps.
Farhan Akhtar Workout Tips-
- Do cycle at least once a week to avoid jarring of the legs between the workouts.
- Go for stair running for effective stamina building.
- Time management is a very essential and crucial part of your workout regime.
- Go for the right type of diet.
- Breakfast- Farhan’s day started with a healthy, protein rich breakfast consisting of a 6 egg white omelet, mushrooms and a glass of orange juice.
- Mid Morning Snack- About 2 hours after the breakfast, Farhan would have oatmeal along with half glass of skimmed milk. With a gap for 30 minutes, this was followed by coconut water i.e. Nariyal Paani.
- Lunch- Farhan did not have the luxury to enjoy rich and lavish meals.His lunch included sauteed vegetables like a cabbage, beans, Pak Choy also called as chinese cabbage, broccoli, asparagus, etc. Pak Choy being rich in nutrient was consumed almost 250 grams in a meal. For protein,150 grams of grilled chicken was included. Everything was cooked in olive oil.
- Post Lunch- Around 2 hours after lunch Farhan used to have a protein shake as his he was undergoing a rigorous workout plan and so he needed enough protein for muscle development and recovery.
- Evening Snack- This snack usually contains of a moong or boiled chana salad. The salad was tossed with cucumber and tomatoes. Farhan restricted his fruit choice to berries only as it had a great amount of antioxidants and was amazingly low on its glycemic index.
- Dinner- There was not much of a difference between lunch and dinner. The menu remained pretty much the same. However, for dinner, chicken was replaced with fish like salmon or basa.
- After Dinner- The last thing on the menu was a protein shake that was consumed before going to bed.
Farhan had an incredibly difficult diet plan. He could not even add salt to his meals as sodium led to water retention that was fatal for this workout goal. He miss his gulab jamuns and other sweets. However, he had to keep his nerves under strict surveillance. He was allowed to have only a glass of Lassi every 15 days.