Born in Amritsar, Punjab on September 9, 1967 Akshay Kumar (birth name Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia) is a leading Bollywood actor. Also referred as Khiladi Kumar by media. Akshay is one of the self made superstars of Bollywood. He has appeared in lover 127 movies and has won many awards including Filmfare.
Akshay Kumar was a fitness freak even before he joined Bollywood. He got into martial arts at a very young age. After getting a black belt in Taekwondo in India, he went to Bangkok, Thailand and studied martial arts and Muay Thai while working as chef and waiter. He made his acting debut in 1991 with “Saugandh” and soon become a superstar with the success of “Mohra” and “Main Khiladi Tu Anari.” He also performs his stunts himself. So let’s checkout his workout routine and diet plan.
Even at 46, Akshay Kumar still has super toned body. He has been a fitness idol for youth from a long time. Akshay always maintained that he treats his body like a temple and even though the martial arts and adventure sports enthusiast doesn’t hit the gym regularly, he does follow a much disciplined lifestyle and sticks to some simple directives when it comes to exercise.
Akshay Kumar Diet Plan-
Akshay Kumar doesn’t believe in dieting to stay fit and stresses on eating a balanced diet. He likes home coked food and believes that home cooked food helps in maintain his healthy physique. Akshay Kumar’s diet includes-
- A healthy breakfast consisting Parathas and a glass of milk.
- A bowl of fruits at noon.
- Daal, veggies, roti and chicken with a bowl of curd for lunch.
- A glass of fresh fruit juice without sugar in the evening.
- Dinner is usually very light comprising soup, salad and veggies. He always has dinner before 8 pm.
- He always eats home cooked food and never takes any supplements.
Akshay Kumar Workout Routine
Akshay Kumar is one of the busiest stars in Bollywood and doesn’t have much time to hit the gym. Akshay Kumar workout routine is a very simple workout routine, He follows these simple steps to stay fit:
- Get up at 4:30 am for an hour long walk on beach to warm up.
- One hour of martial arts alternating between kick-boxing and shadow boxing and if he is shooting on (It helps in staying physically fit).
- Some stretching exercises along with yoga.
- Meditation for one hour (Helps in maintaining inner balance and remove stress).
Apart from these he also plays basketball at least thrice a week and goes on regular trekking to keep his stamina up. He keeps mixing various workout routines does not get monotonous.
Also when Akshay is shooting and doesn’t have time to devote to martial arts he prefers climbing a staircase. When he was shooting for “Singh is Kingh” in Singapore he used to climb 74 floors. He even has an artificial tree in his gym which he climbs regularly.
- Instead of depending on a gym to build a muscular body, learn to exercise in any possible way focusing on core strengthening of your body.
- Never treat your injuries lightly. Either rest or visit a doctor, don’t deal with them on your own.
- Try and finish your last meal of the day at least two hours before bedtime.
- Follow a disciplined life.
- Keep mixing various workout routines so that you don’t get bored.