Sonam Kapoor, the Bollywood movie actress, is the daughter of well-known Bollywood star and actor Anil Kapoor. Born on 9 June,1985 in Mumbai, she made her acting debut in the movie Saawariya opposite Ranbir Kapoor. She is also known internationally as a spokesperson of the French Cosmetic Brand L’oreal.
Sonam gained weight when she was in Singapore attending a 2 year course. At that time, she had no plans of joining the Indian film industry. She attributed the weight gain to her faulty diet and lack of exercise. She started working out after being offered a role in the movie Saawariya by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Her goal was to lose 35 kilograms of her body weight. She totally stopped eating food items like chocolates, fried foods, sweets, ice creams and started following a strict diet regimen and daily workout plan.
Sonam Kapoor Diet Plan
She followed an intensive diet to lose weight. She was completely cut off from her favourite chocolates, chips, and other fried foods. It was hard for her but she was determined to lose weight. She now follows the diet of moderation she eats everything in moderate quantities. Sonam Kapoor diet plan includes-
- Her day starts with a glass off warm water instantly followed by a glass of warm water with honey and lemon.
- For breakfast she has a seasonal fruit, an egg white omelet with toast and warm water. When she is bored with this she has poha, upma or idli.
- Whole wheat bread with egg white followed by a protein shake makes up her mid morning snack.
- Lunch is her heaviest meal compromising of grilled chicken, curd, fruit and seasonal veggies with Chapattis made of bajra, bran or jwar.
- She gorges on nuts and fruits for evening snack.
- She always keeps light with just a veg or chicken sandwich with green salad. Sometimes she also includes grilled fish cooked in Spartan gravy in her dinner.
- If she still feels hungry she has a glass of soya milk or protein shake before going to bed
- She also takes multivitamins
- She drinks a glass of coconut water every hour or two.
- She avoids red meat and excess salt and sugar in her food.
Sonam Kapoor Workout Routine
To maintain her thin and svelte figure Sonam Kapoor trains for an hour every day. Her gym routine mainly consists of cardio vascular exercises. She used to play a lot of basketball and rugby in school that helped her develop flexibility to adopt different exercise routines with ease. Sonam Kapoor’s workout routine includes-
- She focuses on a particular body part every day like abdomen, waist, shoulders, and arms.
- She starts her workout with jogging
- She does 30 minutes of cardio exercises after jogging
- Her cardio is followed by power yoga for four days and some other dance exercises on other days
- She also follows weight training using light weights
- In summer she swims a lot and goes for swimming whenever she gets time
- She is a fan of squash and plays squash twice a week which also gives her strength.
Sonam Kapoor Workout Tips
- Eat healthy and workout a little daily
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated
- Avoid fried food and food with excessive salt or sugar
- If you are trying to lose weight stay determined