Born in Patna, Bihar on June 2,1987 Sonakshi Sinha is a well known Bollywood actress.Daughter of superstar Shatrughan Sinha Sonakshi made her debut in Bollywood with Salman Khan starrer blockbuster film “Dabangg” in 2010.Her performance garnered positive reviews from critics and she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for the film. She went on to star in some of the biggest hits of Bollywood. She is one of the fastest emerging stars and established herself with a series of hit films.
Sonakshi was a heavy girl and used to weight 90 kgs and when she was signed for “Dabangg” she was asked to lose some weight. She worked hard and lost 30 kgs for her role. Now she is fitter then ever and looks ravishing with beautiful looks and sexy curvaceous figure. Her fitness regime is an inspiration for anyone who wants to lose weight. Let’s check out Sonakshi Sinha workout routine and diet plan.
Sonakshi Sinha Weight Loss Journey
Sinha is greatly thankful to Salman Khan, who motivated her to lose extra pounds before her first movie. In an interview, Sonakshi had admitted that training for losing weight was not all easy for her, as she hated going to gym. Even though Sona (as Sonakshi is known among her family and friends) has managed to shed 30 kilos, she was criticized for having a voluptuous figure.
With firm determination and self-motivation, the ‘Dabangg’ girl made up her mind to achieve a lean and slender body that would shut her critics. She hired Yasmin Karachiwala as her fitness trainer and started training under her guidance. Now, Sonakshi has become not just gracefully thinner and lighter but more gorgeous.
Sonakshi Sinha Workout Routine
Sonakshi’s daily workout sessions included a balanced mix of different exercises that strengthened the core muscles, increased flexibility and helped her shed the unwanted flab. She hit the gym twice daily to do.
- Cardio workout
- Functional training
- Intense weight training
- Hot yoga
Sonakshi Sinha Diet Plan
Diet played an important role in weight loss for Sonakshi. She gave up all the junk food and high carb high sugar foods. She started eating healthy meals to shed the extra kilos. She followed a low carb, high protein diet and still follows it. Sonakshi Sinha’s diet plan consisted of-
- Her breakfast includes whole wheat toast with cereal & milk.
- For mid morning she gorges on some dry fruits along with a cup of green tea.
- Her lunch consist of homemade veggies and chapattis with fresh salad.
- For evening snack she has a fruit followed by a cup of green tea.
- She has her dinner early and does not include any carb in her dinner. Her dinner is mostly chicken, fish, and dal with veggies.
- She has many cups of green tea everyday and drinks plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Her journey from flab to fab was not an easy one. She ditched all her favorite food, followed an intense workout session twice a day for 2 hours daily to achieve the level of fitness she now has. But she was determined to lose extra weight and to be fit. Now she trains for one and half an hour 4 times a week to stay toned. Sonakshi Sinha workout routine includes-
- Her workout regime includes a lot of cardio exercises and spinning.
- Her cardio comprises of running and cycling along with her cardio exercises.
- She also does a lot of weight training with light weights.
- She practices hot yoga in a temperature controlled room. She performs different postures at 40 degree.
- She loves playing lawn tennis which is great form of physical activity.