Believe me,it’s so easy tp pile up the kilos during winter…courtesy comforting fried foods (primarily paranthas,sugar laden tea or coffee and even the tempting gur-gachak and mom’s pinnies).
- It’s the perfect time to think about wise food choices and portion control.
- Winter bringing may easily cost you a weight gain of three to five kilos.
- The main reasons for weight gain are less physical activity during winter and of course increased consumption of heavier foods.
Winter can be a bleak time of year for dieters,and not because of the holidays.The cold weather can interrupt your workout routine,make you more likely to reach for comfort foods like mac and cheese, and can even send you on a mood roller coaster that can lead to overeating.
Although seasonal weight gain varies from person to person,there have been surveys to that show an average of a five to seven pound gain in weight in winter, “says Lawrence J.Cheskin. The good news about fighting the pounds of winter is that cold and dark do not appear to be responsible for overeating for most of us.
Tips To Prevent Winter Weight Gain:
Get enough sun-shine
- A short pre or post lunch-time walk can provide sunlight which is good for your Vitamin D status.
Limit fatty foods
- Foods such as fried snacks,puddings,pinnies and chocolates can be limited to just once or twice a week.
Fill yourself up with fiber
- Fill your plate or tiffin with lots of filling vegetables.
- Have soup before your dinner
- Add oats, barley and dals to help keep you fuller for longer.
Don’t skip workouts
- Don’t skip the gym.
- Fix days for workouts and try to follow it as well.
Weigh yourself every day
- Get on the scale frequently to make you conscious if you are putting on weight.
- Maintain record of weight and inches as well.
Indulge in healthy drinking
- Have at least 2-3 cups of green tea or green coffee.
- Have light soups and broths.