Maintaining a healthy skin during winter is very important. The skin might become dry and lack moisture. If that is the case then you may try Home Remedies for Glowing Skin in Winter. With the change in the outside temperature and the inside one, skin care should be you first priority. Taking care of the diet can be very useful for glowing complexion. Some basic skin care rituals can get you smooth skin even in the harsh cold.
If you feel cosmetics and creams are very expensive in the market, home remedies can help provide you moisturized skin during winter. In winter, many of us face the dry skin problem. In the winter the moisture in the skin goes down and skin becomes dry. Dry skin can be treated with moisturizers. There are many natural moisturizers are in the home like glycerin, honey milk.
- If your skin feels too dry then go for banana face pack. Mash a ripe banana, add milk, honey and lime juice to it. Apply it on the face and leave it on for some time. Wash the face with cold water to get soft skin.
- Almond oil is one of the best home remedies for glowing skin in winters. It helps in moisturizing your face. Massage the face and hands with almond oil. Leave it on for the night. You will get supple skin in the morning.
- Honey and egg white pack will also add moisture to the skin. Take an egg white and add some honey to it. Make a paste and put it on the face. Wash it off after some time. This is also great natural cure for wrinkles.
- Make a paste with some oatmeal and milk. Apply it on the face and let it dry. Then scrub the face gently with it. This will remove all the dead skin from the face. The presence of dead skin makes the skin look dull.
- Take some moisturizer and put it on the ice cube. Massage the face with this ice cube for about 5 minutes. This is a great home remedy for glowing skin. Instead of moisturizer, you can also use the milk creme.
- Massaging the face with curd is also said to be good for the dry skin in winters. Do this once in fifteen days to get radiant skin.
- Mix some honey with lemon juice. Put this paste on the face, legs, hands, neck etc. Allow it to stay on for about 15 minutes. Then wash it off with cold water. This will make the skin glow in winter.
- Cucumber works wonders for the skin. Extract some juice from the cucumber and rub the juice on the face. Leave it on for some time and then rinse it off. It is a great natural remedy for glowing skin. It will also reduce dark circle under the eyes.
Things to keep in mind
- Always use a sunscreen (even in winters) to protect your skin from the sun.
- Take bath with lukewarm water instead of hot water. This will keep the skin moisturized.
- Put a few drops of olive oil or almond oil to the water you are going to take bath with.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water. This will flush out the toxins from the body.
- Have a diet rich in Vitamin A, C, B complex and E.
Winter skin care tips:
- Try to take the necessary diet in the winter. Try to add the fruit and fruit juice to your diet.
- Apply the petroleum jelly on the face, lips, hands, legs.
- Do not take the hot water baths. The hot water takes out the moisture in the skin then skin becomes dry. So try to avoid the hot and long baths in winter.
- The chapped lips are one of the problems in this winter. Apply the petroleum to the chapped lips. Use the lip scrubs for the lip care in the winter.
- Dry skin is the major problem in the winter. Use the natural moisturizer in the winter.
- Try to cover the most of the body with the clothes. Do not expose the skin to the cold air.
- Do not apply the makeup products with high alcoholic content. Do not use the beauty and hair styling products too much in winter.
- Use the natural moisturizers like butter, oils, glycerin, etc., in the winter. Not to choose the chemical moisturizers.
- Try to add the vitamin A, vitamin E rich foods in your diet.
- Stay hydrated in the winter. Try to take the juices and drinks.
Home remedies to treat Dry skin in winter:
Take the fresh ripe avocado and mash the avocado into smooth paste. Apply this paste on the dry skin and face. Wash it off after 15 minutes. The avocado contains the vitamin E helps for the skin care. If the skin is too dry, then adds the 1 tbsp of honey to the avocado paste. Honey keeps the moisture in the skin.
Take the ripe papaya and ripe banana mash and mix them well. Apply this paste all over the dry skin. Best and easy remedy for winter dry skin.
Mix the 1 tbsp of glycerin, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of rose water. Mix all the ingredients well. Apply this solution before going to sleep. Glycerin is the natural humectants keep the moisture in the skin.
Milk powder and Almond oil
Take the 2 tbsp of milk powder and 2 tbsp of almond oil and mix them well. Apply this paste on the dry skin, wash it after 15 minutes. The milk powder has the moisturizer properties and almond oil contains the vitamin E both helps a lot for the dry skin.
Apricot and glycerin
Massage avocado oil mixed with apricot and glycerin. This is good for dry skin. You will get an instant glow on your face, neck and hands.
Castor oil and glycerin
Apply a mixture of castor oil, lemon juice and glycerin on your lips. Leave it overnight and you will find the lips softer in the next morning.
If you don’t want to stay dull during the winter season, it is the time to get yourself moisturized with some effective home remedies. There are varieties of skin care products fairly available in the market, but most of the products might not suit you. The best way to make you moisturized without any side effects are the home remedies. Whether you have normal skin, dry skin or combination skin, the herbal remedies will be ideal.